ORLANDO, Fla. – A group of Jungle Cruise riders at Magic Kingdom had a different kind of experience on Thursday.
- Jungle Cruise boat starts sinking at Magic Kingdom
- Guests were on board, but got off safely
- The attraction temporarily closed, but has since reopened
- More Attractions Insider stories
One of the boats, named "Bomokandi Bertha," began taking on water while riders were onboard.
Reedy Creek Fire Department responded to the scene, a department spokesperson Eryka Washington said.
The attraction was temporarily closed while riders were unloaded from the boat. Everyone was able to get off safely, a Disney spokesperson told Spectrum News in an email. No one was injured.
The attraction has since reopened. It's unclear what caused the boat to start sinking.
Located in the Adventureland area of Magic Kingdom, Jungle Cruise is known for its snarky Skippers who fill the 10-minute ride with plenty of puns.
So of course, social media had its fun with the incident, posting plenty of jokes and memes:
Attractions Insider is your all-in-one source for everything you need to know about Florida's theme parks. Get news, deals, helpful tips and more in our Attractions Insider special section!
- Download the Spectrum News app and turn on notifications to receive a weekly Attractions Briefing every Friday.