ORLANDO, Fla. — Temperatures warmed quickly Thursday afternoon to around 90 degrees with some early sunshine.
- Rain chances increasing
- Potential Tropical Cyclone Nine has formed
- Send us your weather photos and get the latest forecast via the Spectrum News 13 app
- CURRENT CONDITIONS: Temperatures, heat indexes, trends
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
- CALCULATE: How hot can your vehicle get? ▼
A few clouds rolled in for the afternoon, along with some spotty showers. Moisture is returning to Central Florida and will continue to increase our chance for rain as we head toward the weekend. Wind will also be increasing as a tropical disturbance moves toward us from the Bahamas. Highs will back off into the mid to upper 80s.
Partly cloudy skies through the overnight hours. A few showers may move inland as we head toward daybreak, but not everyone will see rain. Temperatures will fall into the mid to upper 70s.
- View LIVE Interactive StormTracker 13 Radar Map
- View our LIVE Sky 13 Weather Cameras
- Sign up for Severe Weather Alerts
Showers and even a few storms will continue to move inland throughout the day on Friday. Low pressure over the Bahamas will move closer, so there is a decent chance for rain and moisture streams in.
Wind will also pick up for Friday with gusts over 20 mph possible. Highs will only reach the mid to upper 80s.
This will be the case for Saturday as well as the disturbance moves over Florida. Rain chances will start to back off slightly early next week, but there’s still a decent chance.
In the tropics, the tropical wave over the Bahamas has now become Potential Tropical Cyclone Nine. This means it has a decent chance to become a tropical system soon.
The exact track of this system will determine what impacts we’ll see, and at this point, it’s uncertain. Regardless, we’re looking at a decent chance of rain and gusty wind from time to time through Sunday.
There is also another wave well out in the Atlantic that has a medium chance for development in the next five days.
Beach and Surf Conditions
High wind will create some rough ocean conditions to end our work week. Boating conditions will be choppy and there is a high rip current risk.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum News 13.
- Get the Spectrum News 13 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location