WEST MELBOURNE, Fla. — The mother who authorities initially said "panicked" after delivering two stillborn babies is now accused of first-degree murder after autopsy results revealed the twins suffered "severe blunt force trauma" to their heads.

Rachael Lynn Thomas, 30, of West Melbourne, is now charged with first-degree murder, felony murder and aggravated child abuse.

Before the autopsy results were revealed Tuesday night, police said Thomas was charged Monday with two counts of child neglect and one count of tampering with evidence.

Police said in a press release Tuesday night that the blunt force trauma found to the twins' heads was not consistent with Thomas' story of giving birth in a toilet.

They also found the umblicial cord wrapped around around the baby girl's throat, along with a lodged foreign object. 

According to authorities, Thomas allegedly also threw trash on top of the baby girl after putting her in a trash can. 

Both babies are believed to have been carried a full 39-week term, says police.

According to an arrest report, Thomas claimed she couldn't remember some of what happened Sunday at her Laurel Oak Street home and was "freaking out," dizzy and "there was blood everywhere."

Investigators found blood in the home, and two dead newborns, one of them in a plastic bag in a trash bin in the carport.

Thomas told West Melbourne Police officers that she was not feeling well at work Sunday and left early. She tried to rest but then had to use the bathroom.

While she was on the toilet, she gave birth to a baby, according to the affidavit. She then cut the umbilical cord with a pair of scissors, placed the child inside a blue shirt and started cleaning up the mess.

She called 911, and officers and paramedics arrived at the home just after noon.

Investigators found blood under the toilet seat, in the tub and on the sink cabinet. Cleaned-off scissors were found in a kitchen drawer and bloody tissues in the trash.

She said she never saw the baby open its eyes, cry or breathe. She also said the baby boy was cold and blue.

The baby was taken to Holmes Regional Hospital, where it was pronounced dead.

Officers searching the home found something else shocking: a second dead infant inside a bag in a carport trash can, her umbilical cord wrapped around her neck and underneath her arm.

When investigators confronted Thomas, she said, "He stopped breathing." When asked which one stopped breathing, she replied, "There was another one?" the affidavit said.

During a second interview, Thomas told police she "panicked," got scared and didn't remember what she did with the other child.

Thomas is being held at the Brevard County Jail without bond. 

A judge also ruled Thomas cannot be around children, including her 8- and 1-year-old sons. They have been placed with other family members by the Department of Children and Families.

Spectrum News 13 Digital Media Producer Anthony Leone contributed to this report.