Southwest Airlines is expanding its destinations at Orlando International Airport with three new, non-stop services, coming next spring.
- Southwest Airlines as 3 non-stop California destinations in 2018
- Oakland, San Jose, Sacramento
- Southwest is Orlando International Airport's busiest carrier
Southwest announced it would expand transcontinental service to the following markets:
- Oakland, Saturday only service starting April 14, 2018
- San Jose, daily starting May 6, 2018
- Sacramento, daily starting May 6, 2018
Orlando International Airport says the flights will be the three longest routes that Southwest will operate out of the airport. Right now anyone who wants to fly to those three cities have to take connecting flights.
OIA says San Jose service will be particularly beneficial to Florida businesses because it provides direct service to Silicon Valley, while the Oakland service gives more access to San Francisco.
Southwest announced earlier this year that it was adding flights in Boston, Flint and Grand Rapids, Michigan, starting in November.
Southwest Airlines is OIA's busiest carrier. It operates 99 flights daily to 42 destinations.