Last Updated: Monday, March 20, 2017, 11:18 PM EDT
Here's the Central Florida weather forecast for the first day of spring:
- Mostly clear skies in the forecast overnight
- Highs on Tuesday right around 80 degrees
- Sunshine sticks around through Thursday
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast▼
We had a fantastic start to our workweek with plenty of sunshine and seasonable temperatures.
Highs on Monday afternoon made it into the mid to upper 70s, exactly where we should be for the official start of our spring. We'll be back in the 80s for the next couple of days with dry weather sticking around.
We do have a system that will move in on Thursday, bringing a chance for rain and knocking highs back down a few degrees.
Mostly clear skies are in the forecast through the overnight hours. Winds will be light, allowing temperatures to be a bit chilly. Lows will fall into the mid to low 50s. Some northern spots may drop into the upper 40s.
As temperatures warm back up over the next few days, sunshine will continue to stick around.
We do have an approaching front that will increase the chance for showers Thursday and into Friday morning. This system will knock highs back into the upper 70s for the end of our workweek.
Partly sunny skies and highs in the low 80s will return for the weekend.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the News 13+ app and get StormTracker 13 & Safety Net alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from News 13
Your surf forecast looks good through the middle of the week with a long period northeasterly swell. This will, however, create a higher risk for rip currents. Boating conditions will remain favorable.
StormTracker 13 interactive radar ▼
We want your pictures!
- Get the News 13+ app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location