ORLANDO, Fla. — Temperatures warmed quickly Monday with highs reaching the upper 80s to around 90 degrees before showers and storms started to develop.
- Highs in the mid to upper 80s
- Send us your weather photos and get the latest forecast via the Spectrum News 13 app
- CURRENT CONDITIONS: Temperatures, heat indexes, trends
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
The afternoon was a bit soggy with widespread rain moving through, bringing downpours and frequent lightning to a lot of Central Florida.
A few lingering showers will stick around tonight, then rain chances increase again for Tuesday afternoon.
Mostly cloudy skies will continue through the overnight hours as temperatures fall into the low 70s. While most will be dry, a stray shower or two can’t be completely ruled out.
- View LIVE Interactive StormTracker 13 Radar Map
- View our LIVE Sky 13 Weather Cameras
- Sign up for Severe Weather Alerts
Only an isolated shower is expected Tuesday morning, but activity will increase for the afternoon. Wind will switch to the southwest, which will push showers and storms more toward the east.
A few storms that develop may hold heavy rain, frequent lightning, and some gusty wind, but widespread severe weather is not expected. Highs will climb into the mid to upper 80s.
High rain chances stick around for Wednesday before drier air moves in and knocks rain chances back quite a bit for the end of the week.
Beach and Surf Conditions
Beach goers and boaters need to watch for incoming storms throughout the day. Wind will be a bit breezy at times which may create some choppiness on the water.
We still have no issues to talk about in the tropics. There are no developing systems in the Gulf, the Caribbean or the open waters of the Atlantic.
No major activity is expected the next five days.
Hurricane season runs through Nov. 30.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum News 13.
- Get the Spectrum News 13 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location