TAVARES, Fla. — In Lake County, a new attraction sits on the shores of Lake Dora, waiting to open.
The Dora Queen is a modified New Orleans-style paddle boat located off the shores of Lake Dora in Tavares.
1. The ship is currently being evaluated by the U.S Coast Guard.
2. The owners hope to begin operations by the end of July, with daily pickups between Tavares and Mount Dora.
“It's been a long time coming. About two and one half years in the making,” said owner Brandy Herron, who had her wedding rehearsal dinner with her husband Brian on this very boat 21 years ago.
3. The Dora Queen will provide three daily tours, and will be available to rent for all occasions.
4. The ship can hold as many as 134 passengers.
5. The owners are waiting on the latest CDC guidelines before adopting any social distance rules aboard the ship.