SARASOTA, Fla. — Hidden away off the shores of Sarasota are hidden tunnels filled with Florida wildlife that will take you on a kayak journey for a day of fun in the sun.
Here's what you need to know about the Lido Key mangrove tunnels before you visit:
1. The Lido Key mangrove tunnels off the waterways of Sarasota are a unique experience that you can kayak or paddle board through.
2. The tunnels wind through the mangroves and were originally created to remove mosquitoes from a nearby lake.
3. Now they transport guests to another world where you can see a host of unique wildlife.
4. Kayaking SRQ Tours & Rentals is open seven days a week but to ensure a spot on one of its tours, operators ask that you call ahead to reserve a time.
5. You can find more information on their website.