ORLANDO, Fla. — Mess Fest at the Orlando Science Center is back, and activities are bigger and messier than ever.
Here’s are five things you should know about the unique, weekend-long experience.
- The two-day special event at the Orlando Science Center features all kinds of interactives throughout the whole building.
Explore eight Mess Zones, including ‘Splat-a-pult’ (a 9-foot wide barrier with three slingshots attached and. It can shoot a paint covered projectile at a pretty impressive distance), ‘Paintsplosions,’ ice cream making, and ‘Mess Mania’ obstacle course.
- If you walk out of there without having created a mess, then you didn’t do it right. Not a bad idea to bring a change of clothes either.
- Playing with Oobleck is a fun interactive. The goop feels like it should be a solid, but it wants to be a liquid.
- Who doesn’t want to create paint-filled rockets out of Alka-Seltzer tablets resulting in a fine piece of abstract art?
- Mess Fest is 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. May 18 and 19, 2019 at the Orlando Science Center. All activities are included with regular admission.