ORLANDO, Fla. — Casey Anthony's father is asking for an extension in his foreclosure trial after being in a "horrific" crash on Interstate 4 late last year, according to a court filing.
- Father of Casey Anthony seeks postponement of foreclosure trial
- George Anthony was involved in rollover crash on I-4 in November 2018
- Ninth Circuit filing says "horrific" crash precludes him from appearing
In November, 67-year-old George Anthony lost control of his wife's SUV on I-4 near Daytona Beach and overturned several times.
A Florida Highway Patrol report listed his condition at the time of the rash as "ill" or "fainted," and he was airlifted to a hospital.
The motion filed in the Ninth Judicial Circuit says his "horrific" crash "precludes him from appearing and/or speaking" at the foreclosure trial, is scheduled to begin March 1.
Casey Anthony was accused of killing her daughter, Caylee, after the 2-year-old went missing in 2008. In a trial that dominated the airwaves, Casey Anthony was found not guilty of first-degree murder in 2011.