ORLANDO, Fla. — West Colonial Drive near Interstate 4 will be closed for three consecutive nights so work can be done on the upcoming pedestrian bridge.
- W. Colonial to be closed both directions between Orange and Garland
- Road will be closed for 3 consecutive nights
- RESOURCE: West Colonial detour map
Crews will be installing cables and a truss for the bridge.
The roadway will be closed in both directions every night December 14 and ending on the morning of December 17.
The closures will be at the following times:
- Friday, December 14 at 10 p.m. through Saturday, December 15 at 6 a.m.
- Saturday, December 15 at 11:30 p.m. through Sunday, December 16 at 7:30 a.m.
- Sunday, December 16 at 10 p.m. through Monday, December 17 at 6 a.m.
The city said detour signs will be clearly displayed.
According to officials, the quarter-mile bridge will provide a connection from the “downtown core to the north.” It will provide links between the Orlando Urban Trail and Gertrude’s Walk, along with SunRail and LYNX Central Station.
The city has provided a detailed map of the detour.