More victims have joined a lawsuit against the security company that employed the Pulse shooter before the massacre.
- Lawsuit against Omar Mateen's employer refiled in state court
- 4 more plaintiffs have joined negligence lawsuit
- RELATED: 'A Day of Love and Kindness': June 12 will be Orlando United Day
Four additional plaintiffs have been added to the suit, bringing the number of survivors and families of Pulse victims in the case to 61.
The amended complaint was filed along with refiling the original lawsuit in circuit civil court in Palm Beach County. The lawsuit had originally been filed in federal court.
The plaintiffs allege the June 2016 massacre could have been prevented by G4S, Omar Mateen's employer, and his wife, Noor Salman. The lawsuit says G4S had knowledge of Mateen's mental instability and intent to harm before the mass shooting that left 49 people dead. The complaint also says Salman had prior knowledge of Mateen's plans and didn't report him to authorities.
Last week, U.S. District Judge Kenneth Marra issued an order raising questions about whether federal court was the proper jurisdiction for the lawsuit and gave the plaintiffs 10 days to file a revised suit or he said he would dismiss the complaint.
Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.