Central Florida school districts have announced makeup days related to Hurricane Irma.
- Central Florida schools have released makeup days
- SPECIALL COVERAGE: Hurricane Irma: After the Storm
- Check back for updates
Florida Education Commissioner Pam Stewart announced that school districts that closed because of Hurricane Irma would be able to waive two closure days.
Here's a county-by-county list:
Brevard County Public Schools said Monday the Florida. Dept. of Education will not require the school district to make up any days missed because of Hurricane Irma, saying the school district has enough instructional minutes built into its schedule to cover the days missed.
Flagler School District said that students should go to school on Monday, Oct. 16, which they originally had off because of a teacher workday.
Lake County Schools won't have early releases on Dec. 18-20 and May 22-24 and will also hold class on March 30, previously a nonstudent day.
Marion County Public Schools released a makeup-day schedule:
- Wednesday, Sept. 27, 2017: full class day for all students (was an Early Release day)
- Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017: full class day for all students (was a teacher training day)
- Sunday, Nov. 1, 2017: full class day for all students (was an Early Release day)
- Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017: full class day for all students (was an Early Release day)
- Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2018: full class day for all students (was an Early Release day)
- Friday, Oct. 27, 2017
- Monday, Nov. 20, 2017
- Friday, Dec. 22, 2017
- Friday, May 25, 2017
- Monday, Oct. 16, 2017
- Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017
Sumter County School District has not responded to a request for information.
- Add Oct. 16, 2017, originally scheduled as a teacher duty day/student holiday, as a student day and the last day of the grading period
- Cancel three early release days and use that time for instruction: Dec. 6, 13 and 20, 2017.