Today marks seven years since Tracy Ocasio disappeared.
On May 27, 2009, surveillance footage captured the Ocoee woman leaving the Orlando Tap Room with a man identified as James Hataway.
Tracey was at the bar watching an Orlando Magic playoff game, her parents said.
Her yellow Chevrolet was found the following day in Ocoee, not far from her parents' home. But there was no sign of the then-27-year-old woman.
Hataway was later named a person of interest in the case, but was never charged with a crime in Ocasio's disappearance.
Two years later, in May 2011, Hataway was sentenced to life in prison for the attempted murder of another Seminole County woman months before Ocasio disappeared.
To this day, Ocasio's disappereance remains a mystery.
The Ocoee woman's parents, Joe and Liz Ocasio, posted the following message Facebook page:
It is surreal that (today) marks 7 years since you were taken from us. We pray every day that you are in a better place and that one day God willing we can bring you home.
We Love You & Miss You!
Joe, Liz & Joey
Timeline: Cases involving James Hataway
- August 2008: James Hataway attacks Rachel Clarke.
- February 2009: Chris George disappears, last seen with Hataway.
- May 2009: Tracy Ocasio disappears after leaving a bar with Hataway.
- June 2009: Hataway arrested for attempted murder of Clarke.
- February 2011: Bones found in Apopka, believed to be George's.
- May 2011: Hataway gets life sentence for attack on Clarke.
- July 2011: Bones found in Apopka identified as Chris George.
If you know anything that may help police solve the case of Tracy Ocasio, call Crimeline at (800) 423-TIPS (8477).
Surveillance image of Tracy Ocasio leaving the Tap Room bar, in Orlando, with James Hataway, May 26, 2009. (PHOTO/Orlando PD)
James Hataway in court for his trial for the attempted murder of Rachel Clarke. Hataway was sentenced to life in prison in May 2011.
Undated photo of James Hataway, taken from his MySpace profile in 2009.