For the second time this year, a jury is set to decide the first-degree murder case of Michael Dunn, the Brevard County man who shot and killed 17-year-old Jordan Davis in 2012 during an argument over loud music outside a Jacksonville convenience store.

Prosecutors and Dunn's attorneys gave their closing arguments Tuesday afternoon after Dunn took the stand in his own defense, saying he shot the teen out of fear for his own life. The judge said he plans to give the jury instructions Wednesday morning before sending them to deliberate.

The first jury that heard the case against Dunn convicted him of attempted murder for shooting at Davis' three friends, but could not reach a unanimous verdict on the murder charge for Davis' death.

This time, it was a different jury and a different trial. For one, it's been shorter, since these jurors have just one charge to consider.

But nearly eight months after the last time he took the stand, Dunn told this new jury he still believes Davis pointed a weapon at him.

No one has denied Dunn and Davis exchanged heated words in November 2012. Dunn wanted the loud music coming from the Dodge Durango next to him turned down, and Davis didn't like being told what to do.

That was when tempers flared.

"At that point, I put my window down to look at that direction and, yes, I saw a very angry-looking young man," Dunn said on the stand Tuesday, describing looking at the 17-year-old.

Dunn then testified that he thought he saw Davis reach down and pull up a shotgun. What he claimed happened next is why Dunn says he felt he was justified in pulling out his own gun and shooting at Davis.

"He popped his door open, and he says, 'You're dead, b****,' and then he opens his door and gets out and says, 'This s***'s going down now,'" Dunn told jurors.

That's the issue jurors will be confronted with when they begin to deliberate: Was Davis going after Dunn? Did the teenager really get out of the SUV?

On cross-examination, prosecutors asked Dunn to read from a letter he wrote to friends and family explaining what he saw that night.

"When I turned back to my left, the guy who was advancing on me had apparently seen me go for my own weapon and dove back inside the SUV," Dunn read on the stand.

Jurors also got to see a portion of Dunn's first interrogation with homicide detectives. Cameras caught his reaction when he was told there was no weapon in the SUV.

In the same interview, one day after the shooting, Jacksonville Sheriff's Detective Marc Musser told Dunn how he viewed the confrontation.

"The problem is you went from zero to 100, without getting to 50," Musser told Dunn.

The first jury deliberated for nearly 30 hours before ultimately deciding it could not reach a unanimous verdict on the murder charge against Dunn. The Satellite Beach man's convictions on three counts of attempted murder could put him in prison for 60 years.