ORLANDO, Fla. — As Dorian stalled over the northwestern Bahamas, then moved slowly toward Florida, residents watched heavy surf build along the coast and rain bands pass over the peninsula.
- FREE WIFI HOTSPOTS: Charter Communications has opened up more than 32,000 Spectrum WiFi hotspots in Florida, making them available to all to help in preparation for Hurricane Dorian. Visit this link at Spectrum.com for more information on the exact location of those Spectrum Hotspots in Spectrum service areas across Florida. To connect, look for the Spectrum WiFi Network under your device’s WiFi settings. Charter Communications is the parent company of Spectrum News.
Here are some pictures you sent us with the Spectrum News 13 app, as well as some sights and sounds from our reporters.
- TRACK THE TROPICS: Watches, warnings, forecasts, satellite loops, spaghetti models
- 7-DAY FORECAST: Rain chances, county-by-county temperatures
- NEIGHBORHOOD RADARS: County-by-county radar images
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to get Spectrum News 13 real-time weather text alerts on your mobile device
- THEME PARK INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICIES: Major Florida theme parks' hurricane or inclement weather policies in case of cancellations, closures