ST PETERSBURG, Fla. — The St Pete Pier officially reopened to the public earlier in July after a years-long reconstruction, and it has new activities for visitors to take on.
1. The 26-acre area now has art installations, an over 1,000-foot pier, a restaurant, and a fun eco-friendly discovery center.
2. The Discovery Center by Tampa Bay Watch aims to teach people about the ecosystem and animals that make up Tampa Bay.
3. They have various touch tanks and hands on displays as well as an outdoor classroom areas where they put on a host of unique demonstrations about conservation.
4. The Discovery Center is open 7 days a week. Tickets are $5 for adults, $3 for children ages 4 through 12, and for teachers with a Florida ID.
5. For more information on the pier, including directions and parking information, visit the St. Pete Pier website.