ORLANDO, Fla. — Since we're all spending more time at home these days to help curb the spread of COVID-19, we might be wanting to use up what's in our pantry.
“There's no need to panic," said Se7en Bites Bakery Chef & Owner Trina Gregory-Propst. "We've got this ... The reality is a lot of people have more in their pantries than they think they do already.”
On the menu is something your kids can totally handle: "Not Your Gram's Tuna Casserole."
“We're going to go back to some of the things that your mother was raised on and modernize them," Gregory-Propst said.
RECIPE: Not your Gram's Tuna Casserole
- 1 box pasta (any kind will do)
- 1 can or bag of tuna
- 1 can cream of mushroom (or any cream soup)
- 2/3 cup milk or heavy whip
- 1 cup grated cheddar (or any) cheese
- Extra add ins: 1 green or red bell pepper fine diced
- 1/2 tsp Tarragon or rosemary
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles to al dente, according to package recommendations strain and put in a big bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to bowl.
- Stir all ingredients together and place in a casserole dish then bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Top with French fried onions or crumbled Ritz crackers or potato chips in last 5 minutes in the oven.
ENJOY! The most important thing to remember is there is no wrong add-in. If you have cherry tomatoes, add them. This is the beauty of a casserole.