ORLANDO, Fla. — Here's how to make two different dishes using Second Harvest Food Bank's A Spoon Full of Hope products.
AMAZING GRILLED CHEESE
- 1 TB + 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 slices bread of choice (recommend multi-grain or marble rye)
- 1 slice sharp cheddar
- 1 slice Swiss
- 1 slice Smoked Gouda
- 1 slice Butterkäse
1. Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat while melting a tablespoon of butter.
2. Once the butter has just started to turn golden, place the bread slices in the skillet and move them around to heat them.
3. Flip the bread over and add the cheese slices (3 to each slice of bread). The heat from the freshly turned bread will help melt the cheeses.
4. Add another small pat of butter to the skillet and continue to toast the bread to desired doneness.
5. Put the 2 sides together to form your sandwich.
6. Cut into triangles to allow for optimal dipping into your bowl or cup of A Spoon Full of Hope tomato basil soup
Note: The Smoked Gouda will complement the acidity of the soup. The Butterkäse is mildly buttery in flavor and ideal for melting with the other cheeses for gooey, cheesy goodness.
PINEAPPLE MANGO SLAW
- 2 ¼ lbs shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 lbs diced mango
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp Honey for Good
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 oz shredded purple cabbage
- 1 oz shredded carrots
- 1 jalapeno, very small dice and seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
1. Combine all ingredients. Adjust seasonings as desired.