The top high school baseball teams in Central Florida, as selected by the Spectrum Sports Staff:
1. Lake Brantley (10-0) – Jack Quayle threw a no hitter with seven strikeouts Friday night as the Patriots beat Wekiva 8-0.
2. West Orange (7-3) – Warriors, who split their district series with Apopka last week, face Key West on Monday in the first game of the Central Florida Spring Break Slam.
3. First Academy (7-1) – Busy Spring Break for the Royals includes games against Montgomery Bell Academy (Tennessee), Lake Highland and Berkeley Prep.
4. Melbourne Central Catholic (9-0-1) – Last Monday’s game against Canadian school Montpetit ended in a 2-2 tie when the game was called due to darkness.
5. Rockledge (8-2) – Raiders were held to a season-low one run in Friday’s 3-1 loss to Eau Gallie.
6. Merritt Island (7-2) – Both of the Mustangs’ losses have come by one run – against Rockledge and IMG Academy.
7. Viera (8-2) – Hawks pitching has been stellar, with only five earned runs allowed through 10 games.
8. Hagerty (7-2) – Huskies won a pair of one run games last week, beating DeLand 10-9 and Oviedo 4-3.
9. Bishop Moore (7-3) – Tulane signee Josh Bates is 2-0 and has allowed no runs and six hits in 19 innings.
10. Olympia (9-2-1) – Friday’s 6-4 loss to Ocoee snapped Olympia’s six game winning streak.
Best of the Rest:
11. Apopka (6-4)
12. Orange City University (6-4)
13. South Sumter (6-0)
14. Seminole (6-4)
15. Eau Gallie (5-2)
Austin Lyon can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter, @AustinRLyon