Want a Cuban dish with a little Asian flare? El Buda Latin Asian Restaurant has you covered.
This is a Cuban rice and bean dish Chef Roberto Trevino describes best.
"It's like an Asian, Congri, rice pilaf-slash-goodness-slash-wonderfulness," Trevino says.
But he is turning it into more of a stir-fried rice.
"The star here, you may think it's the rice, but it's really the black beans," Trevino says. "It's the black beans."
You can either go to El Buda Latin Asian Restaurant at 116 West Church St., Orlando, or you can be adventurous and make it yourself.
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup cubed bacon
- ½ cup diced green onions
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup chopped culantro or cilantro
- 3 oz oyster sauce
- 1 oz sesame oil
- In a hot sauté pan, lightly stir fry the eggs with the olive oil.
- Add diced onion, diced red pepper, cubed bacon and black beans.
- Stir-fry ingredients until hot and aromatic.
- Add the cooked white rice, oyster sauce and sesame oil and lightly fold ingredients together and continue to stir-fry in pan.
- Once all the ingredients are hot and well-mixed, remove from heat and add the chopped cilantro and green onions and serve immediately.