The Hangar Restaurant and Flight Lounge Executive Chef Matthew Smith has the perfect answer a New Year’s Eve pot-luck party or a New Year’s Day football binge watching session.
It's all done on one sauce pan and is a quick cook - check it out!
Olive Oil Poached Shrimp
- 4 Large shrimp, peeled, tail on and de-veined
- 3 Ounces olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- 1 Tablespoon sun dried tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon shallots, minced
- 3 Kalamata Olives, whole and pitted
- 1 ounce each shrimp lemon juice
- White pepper and salt to taste
- 1 Pinch Fresh basil chiffonade
- In a saute pan, add olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, capers, shallots, and olives, and place over medium heat. Add shrimp and seasoning let simmer for about three minutes. If liquid is at a hard boil, it’s too hot— lower the heat.
- Flip shrimp and simmer for another three minutes.
- Check seasoning.
- Place Shrimp in desired serving dish/bowl.
- Pour pan sauce over shrimp and garnish with fresh basil.
Serve with bread.
Photo: Bobby Collins