SunRail is getting closer to opening its southern expansion, and on Tuesday people should watch out for trains on the tracks south of Sand Lake Road.
- SunRail to test southern tracks Tuesday
- Southern expansion between Meadow Woods, Poinciana
- Expansion hopes to open this summer
SunRail said it will be testing the tracks on Tuesday from Sand Lake Road Station all the way down to Poinciana in Osceola County.
Testing will take place during the daytime hours, but not at regular times, so be aware at all rail crossings at all times, and be prepared for additional train traffic.
More testing is expected in the next few months.
SunRail is building four new stations and preparing to run trains on a 17-mile expansion of track. The stations will be at:
- Meadow Woods subdivision in southern Orange County
- Along Osceola Parkway at Tupperware Station
- In downtown Kissimmee
- Poinciana Station at Poinciana Boulevard and Old Tampa Highway