It was an unseasonably warm Thursday afternoon with temperatures climbing into the upper 70s to around 80 degrees.
- Expect fog, partly cloudy skies to start Friday
- Cold front to move in late Friday
- Chance for showers, storms increases
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
There were a few showers around, but most stayed mainly dry with even a few peeks of sunshine.
Fog will begin our Friday, but otherwise, a quiet start to the day. Very quickly, however, clouds and rain will roll in for the afternoon with an approaching front that will change things up a bit for the weekend.
Partly cloudy skies are in the forecast through the overnight hours. With lighter winds as we head toward daybreak, we’ll have the potential for some thick fog to start out Friday. Temperatures will be mild again, falling into the mid to low 60s.
With winds picking up out of the south, temperatures will warm quickly to around 80 degrees.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the News 13+ app and get StormTracker 13 & Safety Net alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from News 13
A cold front will move in late Friday and increase the chance for showers and even a few storms. Some of the storms could hold heavy rain and gusty wind.
We’ll clear out quickly this weekend as colder air moves in. Expect plenty of sunshine Saturday and Sunday with highs only around 60 degrees.
The front will increase winds Friday, which will make beach and boating conditions rough. Watch for a developing storms and a decent chop on the water.