Melbourne is gearing up for President Donald Trump's visit on Saturday at Orlando Melbourne International Airport.
- President Donald Trump in Melbourne on Saturday
- Doors open at 3 p.m., event begins at 5 p.m.
- BELOW: Tips for people attending Saturday's event ▼
The event will be at 5 p.m. Doors open at 3 p.m.
It will be the president's first visit to Central Florida since he was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States. Trump was in Orlando in December for his USA Thank You Tour 2016.
Thousands people packed the AeroMod hangar at the airport in September for a Trump campaign stop.
City leaders are ready to roll out the red carpet for the president's appreciation tour.
"Everybody is coming together to the table. We are all working together to make this a successful trip for President Trump," Melbourne Mayor Kathy Meehan said.
Orlando Melbourne International Airport leaders said the event will be larger than the campaign visit, and they are offering some tips for attendees.
Here are some tips for Saturday's event, as provided by Orlando Melbourne International Airprot:
Passengers are advised to approach the airport from the south. We recommend Dairy Road to NASA Boulevard. Plan about an hour sooner than usual. Police officers will be on hand to expedite access to the passenger drop off area.
Based on our experience last September for then-candidate Trump, we recommend the following:
- Lines will be long, so consider bringing a throwaway chair or umbrella. You will be required to surrender it to a trash barrel at the front of the line. Under no circumstances will these items be allowed past security.
- The event is primarily standing room only. Please keep that in mind for those unable to stand for long periods of time. Wheelchair access is available.
- Security will be even tighter than last time. We are the venue for a United States presidential visit, which is vastly different than a candidate visit.
- There is no lost and found service available. Any unacceptable items (chairs, umbrellas, coolers, etc.) must be surrendered with no hope of return.
- While in line, keep yourself hydrated.
- Sounds like a confusion in terminology, but the FREE tickets are SOLD out. No other tickets are available.
- In the event of inclement weather, completely transparent, clear ponchos will be acceptable.