Last Updated: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 1:18 PM EST
When you visit iFLY, get ready to be blown away – literally. It’s both thrilling and amazing! Experience the feeling of freefall as you float on a smooth cushion of air with no parachute, no jumping and nothing attaching you to planet Earth. It’s just you FLYING in the air. Super fun, super safe and super cool!
iFLY is the experiential entertainment company that created modern indoor skydiving. They make the dream of flight a reality by giving customers their own “wings” in a safe and reliable environment.
iFLY started in 1998 as SkyVenture, LLC. Once they developed the technology to create a stable, wall-to-wall cushion of air in a flight chamber they knew they could offer an incredibly realistic and safe indoor skydiving experience. Their first indoor skydiving facility opened in Orlando in 1999. Between 1999 and 2005 they opened three more facilities in California, Arizona and the United Kingdom. In 2005, they rebranded themselves iFLY, maintaining SkyVenture as their design and manufacturing company.
Today, iFLY has 37 locations around the world in the US, Canada, Europe and Asia, and the list continues to grow. Plans are also in the works for a second Florida location opening sometime in 2017.
iFLY welcomes flyers from age 3 all the way up to 103. If you have reasonable health and fitness you can fly. But be sure to check the criteria below before you book your flight experience. They'll do everything they can to help you fly because their goal is to deliver the dream of flight to everyone!
- Flyers must be over 3 years of age.
- Participants under 6 feet tall must weigh less than 230 pounds.
- Participants over 6 feet tall must weigh less than 250 pounds.
- Women who are pregnant should not fly.
- Folks with recent shoulder dislocations, back, neck and heart problems should check with a doctor before flying.
Here’s what you can expect during your experience at iFLY:
- ARRIVAL: Plan to arrive an hour before your scheduled flight time.
- CHECK IN: Use one of their handy touchscreen kiosks to check-in. If you have not completed your waiver online you will need to do so before flying. Flyers under the age of 18 will need to have a waiver completed by their guardian prior to flying. Once you have checked in and your waiver has been completed one of their friendly flight crew members will assist you in putting on your flight wristband. This means you are ready to fly.
- PRE-FLIGHT: After check-in, head to the flight deck viewing area to watch people, just like you, flying.
- FLIGHT TRAINING: The certified flight instructor assigned to your class will find you in the viewing area and guide you to the classroom for flight training instruction. During training you will learn proper body position for flying and hand signals the instructors will use while you are flying. Remember, relax and have fun!
- GEAR UP: After flight training your instructor will take you to the gear up counter where you will receive your helmet, flight suit and goggles.
- FLYING: Your instructor will lead you to the flight chamber and will be with you during the entire flight experience, helping you enter the flight chamber (just lean in) and spotting you the entire time, to help you fly like a superhero.
- POST-FLIGHT: Your instructor will lead you out of the flight chamber, you will de-gear and receive your personalized flight certificate. Pictures and videos of your flight will be available for purchase at kiosks near the gear counter.
The entire iFLY experience lasts about 1 hour and 45 minutes and each flight is the equivalent of 1.5 skydives.
If you're looking for an adrenaline pumping experience or would just like to get a small taste of skydiving before taking the plunge from an airplane, iFLY is the perfect place for you to visit.
Vist their website or give them a call at (407) 903-1150 to book your flight today!
Be sure to catch every Out There and Average Angler segment by tuning in near the :23s and :53s each hour during 'Your Sports' airing daily with new episodes starting at 6 nightly, exclusively on Spectrum Sports HD 1147!