First lady Michelle Obama is coming to Central Florida next month to take part in a 'Veterans Institute' workshop at Walt Disney World.
Mrs. Obama will be at the Walt Disney World Resort on Nov. 14 to give the keynote address.
The first lady, who has made supporting military families and U.S. troops a top priority, will be joined by Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger and others at the first-ever workshop designed specifically to inspire companies to employ servicemen and women transitioning to civilian employment.
Disney said the event will feature experts from Disney’s Heroes Work Here, government officials, veterans and non-profit veterans services organizations.
Speakers and presenters scheduled to appear at the “Veterans Institute” workshop.
- Robert A. Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company
- Bob Woodruff, ABC News Anchor
- Rosye Cloud, Senior Advisor on Veteran Employment, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Susan S. Kelley, Director, Transition to Veteran Program Office, Department of Defense
- Rich Morales, Colonel, U.S. Army and Executive Director, Joining Forces
- Teresa Gerton, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Department of Labor
- Mike Haynie, Executive Director and Founder, Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University