Casey Anthony's statements will be allowed at trial

By Jacqueline Fell and Adam Longo, Team Coverage
Last Updated: Friday, March 18, 2011

The jury in the Casey Anthony trial will likely see and hear taped phone calls, recorded jail house visits and other items.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry ruled everything Anthony said to law enforcement, her family and an alleged pen pal in jail can come up at her trial, which is set to start May 9.

Earlier this month, during four days of hearings, we heard from George, Cindy and Lee Anthony, as well as some of the key Orange County investigators involved in the case.

The judge's order said law enforcement didn't manipulate the Anthony family into doing anything they didn't want to do.

He said Anthony wasn't in custody, so it didn't matter her Miranda rights weren't read.

The order said based on the totality of circumstances, the court finds "the weight of the evidence overwhelmingly indicates that the statements made by Anthony (the defendant) were the result of consensual encounters with the police and of her own volition. It goes on to read, "furthermore, the statements are highly relevant, specifically regarding demonstrating consciousness of guilt."

The judge finds alleged pen pals Robyn Adams and Maya Derkovic, as well as former corrections officer Sylvia Hernandez were not acting on behalf of the state.

In the past 36 hours, the defense filed 64 new depositions, including one they did just two and a half weeks ago with Adams.

We will uncover how they started their friendship and how Adams described Casey right after Caylee's remains had been found.

We'll have that story on air and online Saturday night.