Trayvon Martin: UN leader calls for investigation
Navi Pillay (pictured March 2, 2012, UN Photo / Jean-Marc Ferré), United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, has called for an immediate investigation into the death of Trayvon Martin (photo courtesy Jerome Horton).
Trayvon Martin Case
The case of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin's death in Sanford has reached the United Nations.
Navi Pillay, the U.N.'s human rights chief, has called for the organization to launch an immediate investigation into the case.
The Florida Civil Rights Association said it supports the recent call for action, saying the involvement of the U.N. would help prevent violence they said stems from racial profiling in other parts of the world as well.
Trayvon Martin was shot and killed Feb. 26 by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer in Sanford.
Zimmerman has claimed he was acting in self-defense after the teen attacked him.
Still, thousands of activists have flocked to Sanford over the last month for numerous rallies calling for Zimmerman's arrest.
Trayvon Martin - Latest Headlines
-
No results found





Click HERE







Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Subscribe to our Feeds